Vermont Food Venture Center
Professional Production Assistant
The Vermont Food Venture Center, a program of the Center for an Agricultural Economy in Hardwick, VT is a semi-automated multi-kitchen incubator and processing facility. We offer our clients co-packing services as well as commercial kitchen production space supported by business and technical services.
We are seeking an individual to work closely with a variety of clients in a processing and production capacity. A highly organized and motivated person with a solid knowledge of commercial cooking, processing and recipe scale up is desired. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong “people” skills is necessary.
· Assist and instruct clients on the use of facilities and food processing equipment at the VFVC as required.
· Assist clients with recipe scale up and development of production techniques.
· Maintain and inspect food processing and related equipment under direction of the Operations Manager
· Manage the organization and cleanliness of production kitchens
· Assist in maintaining cleaning and managing the warehouse
· Perform additional tasks as required
· Food Processing or commercial cooking experience
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills..
· Flexible work schedule with ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS DESIRED
· Knowledge of food preservation
· Better Process Control certification
· ServSafe Certification
· Culinary degree or equivalent kitchen history is desired
· Requires standing/walking/bending/kneeling throughout shift and ability to lift & carry up to 50 lbs.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no walk-ins or phone calls.