Specifically designed to reach out to any company, farm or organization that would like to understand market strategy through computers, their applications and the internet. Each workshop can be taken as an entire series or mix-and-match, based on your needs.
- Every other Wednesday, beginning January 19th and ending March 30th
- Classes are 90 minutes long, beginning at 7:15pm
- Classes are held in the Computer Lab at Hazen Union High School in Hardwick, VT
- $15/workshop or $60 for all six. Payment is due on or before January 19th, 2010
- Because of the overwhelming response, pre-registration is required.
- Please click here for the online link or email us. FIRST COME/FIRST SERVE with priority given to agricultural producers. Class size limit is 20.
Introduction to Market Strategy
through Computer Technology
Instructor: Warren Ramsey
During this class we will be learning the objective of any company/farm/organization; market strategy. Market Strategy is defined as a process that can allow an organization to concentrate its limited resources on the greatest opportunities to increase sales and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. This being said there must be an understanding of how to receive and understand the technologies that are presented to us. A marketing strategy should be centered around the key concept that customer satisfaction is the main goal. But how do we accomplish this?
This program will give you the tools you need to work and compete in the 21st century and the programming that is available to almost all people. We will work together to break down concepts and understandings of certain terms and different programs that are used to better companies. This program will also answer any questions you have about programs and the different things you probably here about from people.
This is a breakdown of the key programs well be working with: (homework will be given out just to make sure everything is moving well and everyone understands; don’t want to leave anyone in the dark.)
Microsoft Suite (Weeks 1 - 2)
- Excel Spreadsheet (week 1)
- Learning about spreadsheets, how to use them, formulas, formatting)
- Publisher (week 1)
- Poster design, marketing ideas, colors to use
- Word (week 2)
- Typing, how to use Microsoft Word, attachments
- Powerpoint (week 2)
- Powerpoint presentations, setup, design
- Calc (Week 3)
- See Excel description above
- Draw (week 3)
- See Publisher description above
- Impress (week 4)
- See Powerpoint description above
- Writer (week 4)
- See Microsoft Word description above
Internet (Weeks 5 - 6)
- Wix (week 5)
- Website design, marketing to your demographics, creating an account
- Facebook (Week 5)
- Social networking, business, networking, creating an account
- Linkedin (week 5)
- Employee/employer networking, creating an account
- Twitter (week 5)
- Business/organization updates for constituents, creating an account
- Youtube (week 6)
- Video publishing
- Google/Gmail/IGoogle (Week 6)
- Searching on Google, working with different documents, setting up accounts, using gadgets for own needs.