Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Documenting Flood Damage and Assistance (for farmers)

Vermont Association of Conservation Districts is using the attached form (below) to collect data on agricultural damage. The Farm Service Agency (FSA) will be compiling this data so all forms should be returned to FSA County Directors (see link below) or the FSA office in Colchester. This form is not a request for assistance, it is only being used to collect information on the extent of agricultural damage in Vermont. You should contact your Farm Service Agency and/or Natural Resource Conservation Service representative to see if you are eligible for any assistance.

It is very important to document all of your crop and infrastructure damage with photos (before destroying crops or fixing structures) and any records you think may be helpful (quantities and value of crops lost, any receipts you have to show investments made in the crops etc…)

The USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA)’s Emergency Conservation Program (ECP) provides emergency funding and technical assistance to counties and surrounding areas that have been declared Federal Disaster Areas, and may be able to provide assistance with flood-related damage to conservation-related practices. Contact your FSA representative or the Sate FSA Office at: 802-658-2803

The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Emergency Watershed Protection Program (EWPP) may be able to provide assistance if you have property that is in imminent danger. Contact your representative or the State NRCS Office at: 802-951-6796
You should also report all losses to your Town Clerk as they will be working with agencies to coordinate assistance.


Event Name: ________________________________ Date of Event: ______________

Contact Information
Farm Name:
Farmer Name:

Crop Damage
Estimated Acres Damaged
Estimated Value of Loss

Livestock Mortality
No. of Deaths
Estimated Value of Loss

Facilities/Operations/Land/Conservation Practice Damage:
Attach at least one date-stamped, labeled photograph for each significant area of damage.

Describe damage (include acreage if relevant) and estimated cost of repair or replacement. Use other side if needed.

Data Sharing
I authorize the USDA Farm Service Agency, the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service, the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets, UVM Cooperative Extension, VACD, and the Natural Resources Conservation District to share this information for the purpose of assessing state-wide damage and seeking financial support for assistance.


Verbal authorization taken by:

This information was collected by:

Return this form to your FSA County Director. This form is not an application for assistance; it is to assess state-wide damage. If you would like to make an application for assistance, visit your USDA Service Center. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment