Monday, June 18, 2012

Meet Sweet Rowen Farmstead


A recipient of a Vermont Farm Fund Emergency Loan in 2011, Paul Lisai of Sweet Rowen Farmstead recently celebrated a May 2012 grand Re -opening of his business and processing house. This is what he had to say about how the VFF Emergency Loan helped him get to this point.

After the fire at Ploughgate Creamery I needed to find a new place to process my milk and I settled on the idea of building a new creamery on our family's land in East Albany.  I started looking into funding options.


Getting the initial loan from the VFF gave me more confidence to find resources to make building the creamery happen and although things can always happen faster, I feel like the farm is on the right track...


I think these loans are only the start of something that can be much larger and i hope that there are bigger funding opertuniy's available to farmer in the future - I can't understand why someone would want to invest there money in any thing other then farming. - Paul Lisai, owner of Sweet Rowen Farmstead in Albany, Vermont




No comments:

Post a Comment